Mountee communicates directly with the database – every save is saved directly, unlike EE’s file sync which uses the created file – and only syncs via the control panel. For that reason, we encourage people who have been using ExpressionEngine’s file sync, to synchronise templates and switch this feature off.
The reason for this is that if you have been working with EE’s generated files, the database versions of the files won’t be up to date. Synchronizing your templates and turning off revision saving ensures that you’ll see the latest version when you start using Mountee, you’ll see the older versions of the template stored in your database.
Turning Off File Sync in EE3
If you have been using ExpressionEngine 3’s file sync, you should switch it off as follows:
- Turn this feature off (In Settings → Templates Settings, set Save templates as files? to No.
- Click Save Settings.
Turning Off File Sync in EE2
If you have been using ExpressionEngine 2’s file sync, you should switch it off as follows:
- Synchronize templates by going to Design → Templates → Synchronize Templates.
- Go to Design → Templates → Global Preferences and set Save Templates as Files to No.
Turning Off File Sync in EE1
If you have been using ExpressionEngine 1’s file sync, you should switch it off as follows:
- Open every template in the Control Panel and save it to update the database.
- Go to Templates → Global Template Preferences, and set Allow templates to be saved as files? to No).